The John W. Clark Public Library
The Franklinville Library was one of the few in North Carolina in 1924. During this year, industrialist John W. Clark along with other community members, contributed books to start a public library. This project continued to grow during many hard circumstances throughout the years and thrive. The library was started in a small room in the Community House. It was moved several times before opening at its present location on Main Street. The Franklinville Library was renamed after the death of its founder in 1969, to the John W. Clark Public Library in memoriam of the man who started the first public library in Randolph County.
The library has had many dedicated librarians. Martha Cain was our latest town librarian from 1996-2018. She recently retired after 30 years of service, along with assistant librarian, L.A. Craven. These two ladies made a lasting impact on our library and the community. Our new librarian is Ms. Charity Johnson. She is assisted by Emma Folwell and Amber Cranford. They are working hard to plan activities for the children in our area. We invite you to drop by and check out the improvements made in the library and to see what new activities are taking place.
Link to Events at the Library: