They’re messy, bad for the environment, and can result in stiff penalties from regulators.
Sewer backups and overflows are frequently caused by improper materials such as fats, oils, and grease being placed in the sewer system by customers. Since fats, oils, and grease are lighter than water, they tend to accumulate at the top and sides of the sewer pipes and can build up until a blockage occurs. If a blockage happens, the sewer backs up and overflows, resulting in property and environmental damage.
By reducing the number of fats, oils, and grease that enter the system from homes, YOU can help protect the environment, and possibly your home, by preventing sewer backups and overflows.
Please Help Us with the grease problems in our system by:
- Collect grease in a container and dispose of in the garbage.
- Place food scraps in waste containers or garbage bags & dispose of in the garbage.
- Place a wastebasket in the bathroom to dispose of solid waste (e.g., feminine products, Q-tips, etc.)
- Put disposable diapers & personal hygiene products in the sewer.
- Pour oil and grease down drains.
- Wash fryers/griddles/pots/pans and plates with water until oil and grease are removed (wipe off grease with a paper towel before washing).
- Use hot water to rinse grease off surfaces.
- Put food scraps down drains.
Por favor, ayúdanos con problemas de grasa en la sistema del agua:
- No tire aceite o grasa en los drenajes.
- No lave con agua freidoras/planchas, olías/cacerolas y platos hasta que el aceite y la grasa hayan sido removidos.
- No use agua caliente para limpiar la grasa de las superficies.
- No tire desperdicios de comida en los drenajes.
PLEASE DO YOUR PART TO HELP US MAINTAIN OUR SANITATION SYSTEM. AFTER ALL, THE SYSTEM BELONGS TO ALL CITIZENS OF FRANKLINVILLE.