Rabies is 100% preventable.
If you see a bat in your home:
• Do not handle the bat
• Call 911 right away! Also call Randolph County Public Health at 336-317-6200 and Animal Services at 336-683-8235
• See medical attention IMMEDIATELY if you see a bat in the home.
Did you know….
• Without immediate treatment, rabies is nearly always fatal.
• It is hard to know if you have been bitten by a bat due to the size of their teeth.
• Many people do not feel bat bites and marks disappear quickly.
For more information, visit https://www.cdc.gov/rabies/index.html