Our Yard of the Month begins on May 1st and ends in October. We are asking our Franklinville residents to nominate someone with a beautiful yard, by calling, or emailing the Town Hall before the last day of the month. The chosen Yard of the Month will be featured on our Town Facebook page and have the Yard of the Month sign posted in their yard for the month. We hope this will encourage everyone to get out and beautify their yards, which will then add to the landscape of our Town. This will be an annual event running from late spring through mid fall.
Online registration for baseball will begin February 19. Registration will be online only this year. Fees are due at player’s first practice. Please help get the word out! Age groups start at 4 years old and go to 12 years old. Currently, the season is planned to run from mid-April through the end of May/first of June. Practices will start in March. Cost is $65. Please call or text Baseball Director Jon Thomas with any questions at (336) 392-4423.
2021 Spring Baseball Registration is Live!!! Please click the link below to be redirected to the online form.
We are now about to accept on-line utility payments through a safe, secure and easy process. Make your payment here: https://secure.paystar.io/pay/franklinville
If you see a bat in your home:
• Do not handle the bat
• Call 911 right away! Also call Randolph County Public Health at 336-317-6200 and Animal Services at 336-683-8235
• See medical attention IMMEDIATELY if you see a bat in the home.
Did you know….
• Without immediate treatment, rabies is nearly always fatal.
• It is hard to know if you have been bitten by a bat due to the size of their teeth.
• Many people do not feel bat bites and marks disappear quickly.
For more information, visit https://www.cdc.gov/rabies/index.html
If everyone in North Carolina looked just like me, what kind of 2020 Census would this be?
- 100% Participation
- 50% Participation
- 25% Participation
- 0% Participation
**Our goal is 100% Participation for North Carolina**
Its Crunch Time North Carolina! Join #2020CensusPushNC to Ensure EVERYONE is Represented!
2020 CENSUS PUSH FOR NORTH CAROLINA
WHAT IS IT?
The 2020 Census Push for North Carolina campaign week is intended to highlight compelling reasons why everyone should respond to the 2020 Census and to encourage those who have not responded yet to do so TODAY.
WHEN IS IT?
The 2020 Census Push Campaign kicks off on Wednesday, 7/22/2020 and runs through the end of July.
WHO SHOULD GET INVOLVED?
- Elected Officials
- Community Leaders
- Social Media Influencers
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE?
Take a selfie holding a sign showing why YOU responded to the 2020 Census. Post that on Facebook, Instagram, etc. and challenge others to do the same.
Remember to include the response website www.my2020census.gov and the hashtag #2020CensusPushNC
Come up with your own custom message or use one of the example messages in your post, motivating others to respond today.
They’re messy, bad for the environment, and can result in stiff penalties from regulators.
Sewer backups and overflows are frequently caused by improper materials such as fats, oils, and grease being placed in the sewer system by customers. Since fats, oils, and grease are lighter than water, they tend to accumulate at the top and sides of the sewer pipes and can build up until a blockage occurs. If a blockage happens, the sewer backs up and overflows, resulting in property and environmental damage.
By reducing the number of fats, oils, and grease that enter the system from homes, YOU can help protect the environment, and possibly your home, by preventing sewer backups and overflows.
Please Help Us with the grease problems in our system by:
- Collect grease in a container and dispose of in the garbage.
- Place food scraps in waste containers or garbage bags & dispose of in the garbage.
- Place a wastebasket in the bathroom to dispose of solid waste (e.g., feminine products, Q-tips, etc.)
- Put disposable diapers & personal hygiene products in the sewer.
- Pour oil and grease down drains.
- Wash fryers/griddles/pots/pans and plates with water until oil and grease are removed (wipe off grease with a paper towel before washing).
- Use hot water to rinse grease off surfaces.
- Put food scraps down drains.
Por favor, ayúdanos con problemas de grasa en la sistema del agua:
- No tire aceite o grasa en los drenajes.
- No lave con agua freidoras/planchas, olías/cacerolas y platos hasta que el aceite y la grasa hayan sido removidos.
- No use agua caliente para limpiar la grasa de las superficies.
- No tire desperdicios de comida en los drenajes.
PLEASE DO YOUR PART TO HELP US MAINTAIN OUR SANITATION SYSTEM. AFTER ALL, THE SYSTEM BELONGS TO ALL CITIZENS OF FRANKLINVILLE.
Trunk or Treat was rescheduled to Friday, November 1st due to the Halloween weather forecast. But once again the Trunk or Treat with the addition of hayrides was a success! Thank you to everyone that came out and to all those who helped with the organization and planning of this community event. Thank you to the local churches for bringing their trunks filled with goodies. A special thank you to Kelly Wicker for providing his tractor and driving for the hayride. A great time was has by all!